Your oral health care during Halloween should be at the top of your priority list. As much as we encourage you to have a good time, practice discretion by not consuming too many sugars or other products that can potentially damage your teeth and gums. Here is a list to remember this frightfully festive season.
– Switch out candies and treats for healthier options.
– Avoid hard candies and products such as popcorn balls or candy apples.
– Prepare a candy plan on how to limit sugar consumption during the holidays.
– Exercise caution with any sugary products beyond candies, including fruit drinks.
– Avoid sticky or chewy sweets such as gummies and taffy.
– Avoid highly acidic sweets such as sour candies.
– Limit snacking to mealtimes only, so avoid snacking between meals.
– Dispose of any additional candy you might have left over after Halloween has ended.
– Stick to cleaning products that are dentist-approved or feature ADA Seal of Acceptance.
Take care of your teeth and gums so that they can return the favor and take care of you. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us to at 408.251.7901, or stop by our orthodontic office in San Jose, California. From Dr. Derick Phan and our team at Phan Orthodontics, we wish you a safe, fun, and happy Halloween!