How often can you spot a malocclusion? Malocclusions, also commonly referred to as “bad bites”, refer to misalignments and poor fits with your smile. Malocclusions can be caused by a variety of conditions, many of which are out of your control. For all the various types and styles of common bad bites that may be damaging your smile, see the list below:
– Rotation malocclusions result when your teeth rotate out of their proper alignment.
– Open Bites result when you have disconnected upper and lower incisors when biting down.
– Underbites, also known as bulldog teeth, result when your lower incisors protrude out further than the upper incisors.
– Overbites, also called upper protrusions or buck teeth, result when your upper incisors protrude out farther than your lower incisors.
– Misplaces midlines result when the center of your upper incisors (front teeth) do not correctly align with the center of your lower incisors.
– Spacing malocclusions result with overcrowded teeth or large gaps between teeth.
– Transposition malocclusions result when your teeth erupt above the gum line in the wrong space.
– Crossbites result when your lower jawbone protrudes out farther than your upper jawbone.
Come speak with Phan Orthodontics to learn which treatment is right for you. To schedule an oral exam with Dr. Derick Phan and our team at our orthodontic office in San Jose, California, simply give us a call at 408.251.7901. We look forward to helping you create the aligned smile you deserve!